Clean Oven- Check

Friday, November 6, 2009
I just cleaned my oven!!!!!  


It was way overdue.  It had been a year (I think), but it looked like I had never done it before.  GROSS!!!  


Oh, did I mention that I cleaned it CHEMICAL FREE!!!!  That's right, no harsh chemicals here. 


Oven cleaners are one of the most toxic products people use. They contain lye and ammonia, which eat the skin, and the fumes linger and affect the respiratory system. 


Then there is the residue that is intensified the next time you turn your oven on.  


Instead, I used Shaklee's all natural Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste.  (I love this stuff, I use it in my shower, bath and sinks too!)

Here are some before pictures.....

 

Embarrassing!!! I know, that's why I cleaned it.  First, I ran the self cleaner and that helped.  After 4 hours and 20 minutes it looked like this...(I was bummed because I wanted it to be done after that)


 

Then, I waited for it to cool down, Ok, it was like a day! LOL!  I scrubbed and scrubbed with my trusty scour off and now it looks like this.....


 

YEAH!!!! I brand new looking stove without the harsh dangers of oven cleaner.

I also want to let you know that you can put your range hood vent in the dishwasher.  Here are some pictures of that...

BEFORE


AFTER


I hope that this helps you! 

How often do you clean your oven?
 
Bonnie :)

Please visit my online Shaklee site.
Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste