Peace in the garden

Monday, June 21, 2010

When I was a little girl, I would have done anything to have the powers of Elizabeth Montgomery’s character Samantha in Bewitched... With a twitch of my nose, my bed would be made, clothes put away and homework finished. I suspect I still have similar fantasies, although in a different way now... from my point of view, I’m surrounded by magic... My magic is that of growing things. Let’s say you wake up one day and the garden looks like this...
 
Summer has begun, and here in the house in the roses there is fairy dust on the warm air, and the verges hum in the delight of sunshine and good things. I have been joyfully living day and night in the garden, my hands and knees are permanently tainted with all the goodness of the earth, and my heart sings and rejoices in its Creator! What else can one ask for?