Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, September 18, 2011
Welcome to "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live.

The House in the Roses

I love old jars… the older looking the better in my opinion ;) Are you like that too? Decorating and filling old mason jars with flowers from my garden have being one of my favorite pastimes this summer! Yeap, I love the simple things… life can’t be any sweeter!


Flower vases, as simple as quart mason jars full of summer flowers imbue my heart with hope and beauty…


Here are some snapdragons from my garden sitting on the round table by the window, in our bedroom... simple jars filled with simple flowers... it just make me so happy!

This past week I got inspired and decided to create my own treasure jar! So I made these... ;)

I hung an antique necklace around one of the jars to give it a sophisticated touch, filled them with some old lace ends I had around, and put them here, along with some other jars where I keep all sort of practical things; such as soaps (only white), cotton balls, swabs, etc…

I’m thinking I’ll use glass jars as candle holders for my next project! Glass jars work great with candles. If you're outside on a windy night, placing a candle in a glass jar will protect it from being blown out as you enjoy its glow. You can use your glass jar as storage, keep it in a craft room and use it to collect cloth scraps, buttons, marbles or beads, and of course, use it to keep your wild and witchy Halloween potions! I love how mine turned out!

And what are you celebrating, my friend? Take us there... but remember: You must link back to the House in the Roses! That's what the fun requires... ;) Thank YOU!