Window...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011
It’s that time of the year again! As you can imagine, I’ve been a busy bee buzzing around here trying to find the time to fit in all my little projects... Oh there’s so much to do! So much to collect! There are oodles of tomatoes to harvest, and there are all the herbs to be dried and all the grapes from all of our five grapevines would need to be collected before the birds get to them.







Tinkerbell herself showed up in our garden the other day! She promised she’d help collect all the goodies! And she did! She was very polite and quiet, but can I share a little secret? She thinks like a fairy and acts like a fairy, but really… she’s just a gardener in disguise… I still cannot believe ‘she’ actually gardens in her Tinkerbell PJ’s, though... but really, she does!




There is also the realization that the Wheel of the Solar Seasons has turned, cycling through another year once again. And thus, I’m soaking up as much sun as possible, as I can foretell a pretty nasty and cold winter is already lurking around the corner—to bite us when we least expect it.




Oh but we shouldn't be talking of winter here, right? And who would anyway with weather as lovely as this! It is indeed divine out here in the garden, with just the right tingle of mystery and anticipation brought in by nippy autumnal evening air...




So here we are... still dining outside, eating salads from our organic garden under some magical bluish-pink skies....











The garden under the magical glow of twilight...

I’ve been cozying up my nest a bit in preparation for the upcoming season and long nights ahead... so I got new pillows and covers and I have dug out my favorite lamp from the hobbit hole down the hall under the stairs... (Truly... there’s a hobbit hole down there!)





I love this lamp. It looks so lovely here cozying up my evenings again... it looks particularly enchanting against the darkness and chill of the outside.




What is it about a window soothed by the soft light of a lamp that so enchants me? Are you like that too? Think about this: The mellifluous garden swathed in shadows and gentleness, the quietness distilled and that sense of mystery and seclusion brought in by autumn’s chilly breath, and then... the soft light on the window beckoning me; reminiscent of home and warmth and comfort and love and everything that’s good...




There is something about the quietness and beauty of these imageries I think... it’s magical! But the real magic can only happen at the right time, and in my opinion that ‘right time’ starts right with the arrival of fall... the feeling is not the same in the summer when it's hot outside and natural light aplenty. I've seen magic happen, so I know it does... it may come sudden and go by quick, but sometimes it lingers at your very window... See what I mean?








That is why I’d usually take my ‘magic’ lamp back to the hobbit hole down the hall under the stairs every spring and keep it there all through the summer until the arrival of fall; when again I would polish it and bring it back to enchant my evenings.







Remember, if you open your eyes you'd see magic all around you! Is all in you, really! UNLEASH all possibilities