Gratitude Journal

Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Hey everyone!!

I am so happy to have Andrea as a guest poster here at House of Grace because she is a great mom, wife, blogger and friend!

She has an amazing post to share with you today, so here ya go.

Hi I'm Andrea from Maia the Bee!  I'm a Kindergarten teacher-turned stay at home mom.  My husband is in the US Army and we live in Germany.  Our little Maia Bee was born here and just turned a year old!  It's hard to believe how fast the first year flew by.  It wasn't all fun and cuddles (Maia had severe acid reflux as an infant and even had tests done at Children's Hospital Boston and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center) but she's doing great and we are so grateful for the little girl who has changed our lives.

We'd love for you to stop by and visit us at Maia the Bee!  We're always up to something over here in Europe and I love to share our adventures with our readers! 

We speak a lot of what we are grateful for during the holiday season.  It's a wonderful gesture and a time of year that reminds us to cherish the 'little things' in life. 

But what about the rest of the year?  Do we take time each day to give thanks for the 'little things' we have?  I certainly don't.  And it's a shame.
So starting on January 1, I'll be keeping a Gratitude Journal.  I want to make a conscious effort each day to reflect and give thanks for the 'little things' that make me smile.


I bought this journal from Monika of iloveitall on Etsy.  It it a mixed media journal with 53 pages - enough for a page a week.  Each journal is made to order by Monika, so it takes a couple weeks to make and ship to you.  Mine arrived really fast.


Look how cute the pages are!


I love it!  It will look adorable on my desk or nightstand so I can leave it out to jot down my gratitude each day. 


The book is spiral bound and comes with additional embellishments.


It will be nice to spend a moment reflecting each day.  Too often we go through our busy days without taking the time to think about our blessings.  The holiday season shouldn't be the only time of the year that we show our gratitude.  It will only take a moment to write down what I am thankful for each day and by the end of the year, I'll have an entire book of wonderful thoughts.
Do you keep a Gratitude Journal? 
Thanks Andrea!!  I absolutely LOVE this idea and you have inspired me to start one too!  I think this is great for the mind and soul!!
Have a great day!
Bonnie :)