Things I love...

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I love the feel of clean wood floors under my feet and the smell of cleanliness… I love the dim light of lamps and I love the warmth and sense of belonging they provide as I go about my lamp-laden house in the roses... something about the ambiance of dim light just captivates me!


 





There is something almost magical about the feeling of linens and colorful vintage fabrics all nicely piled up...


 





I love to see my closets decorated with layer of mismatched bed linens nicely folded and piled up. All the colors, and all the patterns, and all the warmth, the changes of seasons and all the good times they represent.


 


I love to see photographs of beautifully constructed “crumply rumply” beds. I love the abundant layers and linen all beautifully rumpled and mushed, but when it comes to my house I would never leave an unmade bed...




...not even for the purpose of attaining that homey feeling you want to see on a cold rainy day. But that’s just me… ensuring every crinkle is smooth is like ensuring all my thoughts are in the proper place.


 





... I also like to see pretty linen laying around the house conspicuously. I love all the softness and pretty pastel colors, but moderation is my rule. Simply put, too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing... don't you agree?


 





I love lighting up candles in winter; vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggnog, pumpkin pie, apple spice, and pine tree scent are my favorite. There are so many wonderful scents of the season!


 





A bright yellow moon hangs in the night sky and a feeling of magic fills the air. Nights are cold—endless dark hours, but we’re warm and cozy under our Sherpa blanket. I am so blessed in so many ways.


 







May your evenings be warm and lanternlit,

and may all your worries melt in the December sun.