Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, March 25, 2012
Have you been doing anything fun this week… anything crafty? My new endless love affair with Mod Podge has kept me real busy this week. I am obsessed with decoupage! Why did it take me so long to discover this amazing tool? Decoupage has opened a whole new world of craftiness for me! I was so inspired with the transfer technique on my clay pot and purple bottles last week that I decided to try the same method on some other things…





An old mason jar I had; decoupage and wrapped with some burlap… love the transformation.




Here is the same old jar with some dried roses in it. I love dried roses probably more than fresh roses. They posses such romantic aura to them. Roses, when dried, can look just as exquisite in an arrangement as when fresh from the garden...




I got carried away and kept covering things up with graphics… I decided I should pretty up some old books I had!




These are just ordinary books decoupaged in old letters paper from Michael's ($0.59) and ephemera from the Graphic Fairy.




This is it for now… I am working on some other fun projects and will share with you soon. So, if you haven't got a pot of Mod Podge in your stash of supplies - run out and get one!!! A huge THANK YOU for participating in our linky party and taking us to your cottage! Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week! Last week was another fantastic party! I am enjoying seeing all the creative ideas and projects you are sharing!


Etiquette for linky parties

1) Link to a recent project post, and not a link to the front page of your blog, your Etsy store or a giveaway.


2) Link back to the host’s blog via a button or text link. This is a common courtesy, and it is usually appreciated if you link back in the same blog post that you are linking up.