Thankfulness

Friday, November 26, 2010

Hi friends! Did you all have a nice Thanksgivings Day? Did you get to cozy up in your nest surrounded by dear family and friends? Oh I hope you did!


 


The leaves have all fallen to the ground around here, with the exception, of course, of the ornamental pear tree, which insists in keeping all of its beautiful burgundy leaves (another garden miracle perhaps?) An awesome sight, indeed! The air has turned windy and cold (very cold in fact), and Thanksgivings was spent with family and friends over a wonderful table filled with food, adorned in white and gold…





I close my eyes and still feel the thankfulness in my heart. There’s so much to be thankful for, that one day is not enough to pause and express my gratitude for the goodness and generosity of our Creator. My heart is overflowing with thanksgivings... for life, for health, for happiness and comfort, for loved ones and friends, for family and more family to come! Yes!! And of course, thankfulness for a single tree with full limps and roses in the snow…








I know that if I tell you that the special bird I was waiting for came to visit my garden for yet another year on Thanksgivings Day, some of you might not believe me. But he did! He was here; awesome, and majestic in his own right! I was deeply moved in my heart by this... Oh God, source and giver of all things, You manifest your infinite majesty, power and goodness in the earth about us, and I give you honor and glory... Thou whose bounty fills my cup.





I am also thankful for you, for this wonderful space we all have created here in this amazing world called 'Blogland'; a warm and real place to come to and be together; a place where we can meet whenever we want, or need, and nurture other's heart and be nurtured as we share so much of ourselves…




Truly grateful. May you and yours be blessed!