Petals

Thursday, July 14, 2011
The sky rained down rose petals today...











Petals in the air, petals on the ground, petals from the rose bushes!






Petals light as feathers, petals smelling sweet





Have you heard the popular saying: I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck? That’s so me!!





And thus, sitting out here in the garden today surrounded by petals was like being in Paradise. To make the morning extra perfect, I decided to bake an apple tart.









It was too pretty to go inside, so I did all the apple cutting and mixing of ingredients outside...




Ups... I think some petals might have gotten into my batter! Let’s see, shall we standardize a new recipe? Maybe add some variety to the food court? “Apple Rose Petal Tart”—how about that! Or is that something that’s already in culinary charts?





Do you love roses? Even rose petals, fresh or dried set my heart aglow!



May you allow the wild beauty of the invisible world to gather you,
mind you, and embrace you in belonging.
- John O'Donahoe