Dried roses love

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What a desolate place would be a world without flowers...


 






Pure, undiluted, untouched joy to me...












A flowerless room is a soulless room... let there be roses; wilted, dried, just petals...




















In this room lays an invincible summer made out of dried roses from my garden...








I love the combination of dried roses and silk










 




 





 


There is something about dried roses that are so beautiful to me. I think they are almost prettier than when they are alive.
















I love that they actually dry in the water. No hanging them upside down or anything... EASY!!








I find it extra hard to part from my dried roses.  


 




 


I know, I have more dried roses than I should.  So this afternoon I was finally able to muster up enought courage to trash some of them. 












It was so hard seeing them in the trash still so lovely... Ah but there will be more summers to come and more roses and more joy around the corner... 










OK, guess I'm anticipating myself a little bit... You see, there's a winter storm watch in effect starting tonight, and it could be an interesting one. Sorry, I'm not one to faint with glee over snow, but if you are, you're welcome to spend the night... Yes?  OK, I'll go make some hot chocolate and get the cozy Alpaca wool blanket from the closet.  They're the best for a cold winter's night! ;)









Thank you for coming by my friend... and thanks to those of you who take the time to leave some love behind...




Love ya!