Decisions

Thursday, December 17, 2009
The other day, I was making the rounds at our local thrift store and found this cute little table with bamboo drawers for just $19.99—so perfect for my “cottage style” reading room upstairs, of which, by the way, I have talked about before here, and here.

Of course, I had all the intentions in the world to paint it white, and maybe even practice some antiquing techniques on it too, but then, I thought about that one room upstairs that needs some extra TLC (including some new furniture) and changed my mind.

I was thinking of painting it in a sweet Robin’s blue egg color and put it under the window with a girly lamp on it to spice up that room. Have I mentioned how I love to look at my house from outside when dusk begins to descend upon the land? I love the cozy feel and glow of a window softly lit by lamp. It’s absolutely magical!

In the mean time, until I can decide what to do with it, the table will remain here, by this wall in this corner of our family room. The picture on the back would have to come down a little bit for some symmetry, and a wicker basket must be added to the bottom shelve to match the drawers and cover the electrical cables. Other than that, the table has been dusted, cleaned and shined. I’ve explained here, how the two macho-guys living with me are totally against painted furniture. In fact, they’re totally against anything to do with thrift store Cottage Shabby Chic frilly fussy girly stuff. So you know how it goes.

They have accepted I keep the table here, but only if I leave it as it is. Of course, I can always take it upstairs (my own domain) and do as I please with it (if only I can decide what) Do you find it hard to make decisions? Having to choose has always been a real dilemma for me.

What would you have done? Leave it here as is? Take it to that "special" room of yours and paint it white? Or maybe paint it in a Robin’s blue egg color and place it by a cozy window in the guess room?

Humm, decisions decisions... if only life was just as easy as making decisions!