Saturday

Saturday, December 5, 2009
6:15 am.

I’ve been awake since 4:45 am.
Lighting some candles and
turning on some lights here and there before I start my day
seems to be the right thing to do.

The house feels cozy, and wonderful....


Warning: this post is bound to frequent updates. Stay tune!

-----------------------

8:19am.

Today is a different kind of a Saturday.
Today we have friends coming over for lunch right after church....

It's not the first time. I love hosting dinners, and we do this often; still, it happens every time....

Cooking and hosting a dinner party become a culinary nightmare.
Do you get stress over hosting friends for dinner?
Inviting friends round to share a meal should not be stressful, but I do get stressed.

It's not so much the thought of my guests not enjoying themselves,
as the fear that my dishes will go wrong...
Oh, the thought of it just makes me tremble!

Putting on a number of courses is stressful, and I find it hard to cope,
but the vegetables have been prepped beforehand,
the table is set, and the chef is putting together the few final elements.