Sprinklers

Monday, July 26, 2010
I love rain and rainy days, but here in our highland climate rain is sporadic and unusual in summer. So I just have to enjoy and appreciate what I have....

Sprinklers! They’re a delightful note in the early morning, a daily celebration of shiny silvery drops...

I do not want to miss a single cycle... It’s an enchanted time of day. Water pours forth like a rainbow against the sun’s shiny rays, playing on the lilies, making puddles among the tall gladiolus, which by the way, are deliciously starting to bloom in magical colors of carmine and soft lime green...

I love the misty gray rainbow that water forms against the greenery of the garden, making it look somewhat obscure and mystical, almost sacred... this picture in particular reminds me of the garden with the famous "Bird Girl" statue at "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", although I like to think that my garden is a garden of good, and that has nothing to do with evil.

Although each picture might look the same to you, if you look closely and pay attention to details you'll see that each water pattern is different and that no droplet is the same... each one has a proper name, and a personality all of their own...

I love hearing the water making beautiful music, tapping on the roses, splattering on the windowpane...

Magic lingers a little bit longer every morning after the sprinkler celebration ceases... the garden is swathed in tiny shinny stars, and wet grasses whisper softly as they sway and lean against each other under the morning sun....

I tell you, it’s pure bliss walking on this deliciously wet green floor covering of grass and flowers!

What delightful things have you experienced or enjoyed lately?