Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

Wednesday, July 14, 2010


If you are looking for a great new dessert that is still healthy, here it is!!!!

Next to Apple Crisp, this is my one of my favorite desserts.  

Don’t get me wrong,  I love ALL chocolate desserts too but I hate feeling sick after eating them so I tend to eat those only a couple of time a year if that and I prefer to only eat it if it is homemade or Trader Joe’s brand.   

I know I am crazy!!!!

Rhubarb and strawberries are in season now so I thought that this would be a great time to share this recipe with you.

It’s sooo easy!
I just cut up strawberries (you can do halves or fourths)

Like most things I make, I don’t measure.  I just fill up my 8x8 pan to what I feel fit.  You can never go wrong with this!

Then I add my topping and bake for about 40 min.  in a 350 degree oven.

Topping

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup softened butter

Then let cool (just a little bit.)

And Enjoy!!!!

Oh yeah,  I like it served with a little scoop of Trader Joe's vanilla ice-cream!   I know that makes it not as healthy to add ice-cream but it is so yummy!


Have a great day,

Bonnie