Enchanting mixture - the mingling of seasons

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ah November, you arrived at the house in the roses before we could realize is that time of the year again!


 




It has something to do with the weather I’m sure. Typically, November comes to our valley wrapped in frigid rain and gusty winds, but not this year... no! Walking in the November garden today was almost as if I was walking in another garden... in another land maybe!

 




You could feel a faint chill in the morning air, but it was already sunny and the skies possessed this rare blueness to it that was almost mesmerizing...


 




It seemed as if the garden was tempered by this magical haze which, in a way, diffused the brightness but never dulling it... It was perfect, and enchantingly beautiful.


 




Particularly beautiful is this crazy combination of autumn colors and roses...

 






I love this 'mingling' of seasons, when both, late summer and early autumn come across each other and, for just a handful of days embrace in a formation of colors and forms that in a way is both, lovely and peculiar...


 




Seeing my bright Charismas roses by a birdbath swathed in fallen leaves and shrubs in autumnal colors is almost unbelievable...






This is the view from my bedroom window these days.... a garden plumed with asters and fallen leaves alongside big bright roses... summer and autumn mingle, they hug and touch one last time in a sublime and inexplicable way.


 


What I truly love most about fall, and probably winter too, is that deeper stillness that the air carries. I always find something of myself in this calmness, in its wideness and freedom.


 


I only wish I could catch this magic in my bell jar and share it with you!