Friday in the cottage garden and a note on Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Saturday, May 26, 2012
I could not have woken up to a more beautiful day. The sound of rain all over my pillow, crisp air and this cerulean skies with this always wonderful feeling whenever I get to stay home... It's a long weekend; extra long for me as I decided I needed to take an additional day off... Friday morning in the house in the roses; how extra especial!




Rain showers mingled with petals—that’s the kind of rain we've been gifted with these couple of days... and the air is thick with the scent of spring; like the Secret Garden of Mary Lenox.



I love it all. From my window, raindrops on the folds of roses seem to sparkle... they call on my attention and ignite imagination... I want to believe they're fallen stars sleeping in roses and green leaves...








Now, in another note... Lately, I've been thinking a lot about what blogging really means to me. What does it mean to you? I mean, do you see blogging as a way of expression; like an extension of your life maybe? Or perhaps, is it more like something you must do to attract more readers to your blog? I feel sorry for those bloggers out there who have nothing or very littler to offer as far as content goes; yet you see them struggling to keep up with their weekly linky parties; even going to the extreme of posting old photographs so they would not lose their readers. That, to me, is forcing creativity. And what fun is that?


The last thing I ever want to do is jeopardize the freedom I find here. Complying with unnecessary rules or doing something through obligation robes my joy; being the free-spirited person that I am.


So, I have decided from now on I will blog without obligation. This mantra, a movement amongst some bloggers, liberates me from the shackles of poor blogging. Everyone should enjoy blogging. If it isn't a joy any more, you should think of something else. And thus, what I’m trying to say is that SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY has become sorts of a burden to me—schedules I must meet, links I must follow; sites I must visit, and I’m not finding joy in doing this any longer. Therefore I’m stopping.



I do hope you do continue coming by... I will still be waiting for you from my window as I love to see you wandering and drifting through twists and turns of a garden I hold SO very dear to my heart, and you give me infinite bliss through your comments and thoughts.


Have a beautiful weekend, everyone!