Simple Family Room

Monday, November 26, 2012

I am sure that you picked up by now that I like things SIMPLE!!  

I hate clutter and being surrounded by stuff!!  

I can't stand it especially because we always have so much of our own stuff out that we use daily.

Today, I wanted to share our family room with you.  It is nice, modern, cozy, and simple.

I went with neutral colors because they are safe.  I actually love color but I was afraid to decorate with it.  (I am not anymore- I will show you soon.)

The wall color is Alpaca from Benjamin Moore and the back wall (with the mirrors) is Capilano Bridge.


I kept the room very basic.


Here is another view of the room.  We have a little "cut in" so we used that for our entertainment center.





I love all the windows in the room.


We have our "his and her" chairs.


Our couches were a steal!

We bought them used for only $400 dollars! :)  Sweet!  (They were practically NEW!)


The lamp is from Target.


This lamp was from "new" from the Goodwill.



Of course, I need family photos.

I showed how to hang a double hook frame here.



I really like how the kitchen and family room are connected.

I love the openness!


Here is one last view.


Where did I get it:
  • Curtains and rods- Linens 'n Things
  • Couches- used $400
  • End tables- from my MIL (Mother-in-Law)  not sure where
  • Mirrors- from my MIL (Mother-in-Law) Crate and Barrel 
  • Rocking chair-  from my MIL (Mother-in-Law) Pier One
  • Leather chair-  from my MIL (Mother-in-Law) used for $300
  • Leather ottomans-  from my MIL (Mother-in-Law) not sure where
  • Entertainment Center- for free from our old neighbors
  • Family photo frame- Pottery Barn (but I bought is used for only $20)

Have a great day!!

Bonnie :)