Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Today I thought I’d show you my new dresser! OK, maybe there are definitely times when my sense of style goes a little bit over the top, and I’m thinking what was I thinking? Usually, I won’t bargain for a lot of color in my house, and prefer coming home to a serene environment of whites and muted colors, but when it comes to my ‘pink’ girly room all decorating excess are permissible. So here is my new and very colorful dresser!










I didn’t have to do a thing to this fun dresser as far as painting goes; I found it just the way you see it here. My concern that pictures and other accessories would drown in its bright colors was quickly dispelled as you can see here… in fact, the strong colors seem to provide a sharper background, as this painting shares a lot of the same colors with the dresser… So let there be color - loud, joyous, bold, bright color!! ;) Really, what do you think? Shall I re-paint my new dresser in white?









Some of you may remember my photo session with Miss Tesa a while ago in the pink room and, as Miss Tesa herself would say: “Guess what!” I’ve found myself another lovely model willing enough to pose for me! And here she is: Presenting the cutest and tiniest fairy in the house in the roses! The lovable (and very serious) Miss Averi! ;) I just love loooove this bundle of joy little cutie! ;)




Hello to you! And welcome to another "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live. If you're new here, thanks for stopping by and if you've visited before, thanks for returning!

The House in the Roses


Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week! Last week was another fantastic party! I am enjoying seeing all the creative ideas and projects you are sharing!





Rules: Link your post, not the main page of your blog. Please include a link to the party or the party's button in your post. Celebrate life and see how others celebrate theirs by visiting!