A Different Way to Clean

Sunday, January 17, 2010
My Cleaning Schedule



    Weekly
    • Bathrooms
    • Wash the hardwood floors
    • Dust house
    • Vacuum
    • Organize the kids rooms
    • Organize the fridge
    When Needed
    • Shampoo the carpet (about 4 times a year)
    • Dust fans
    • Wash walls/doors
    • Dust baseboards
    • Wash the couch
    • Wash the Windows
    • Wash the mirrors the house
    • Wipe down furniture
    • Vacuum lamp shapes
    • wipe down lamps
    • Wipe down cabinets
    • Dust/Wash vents
    • Dust blinds
    • Deep clean appliances
    For more cleaning tips, join me on Facebook now! 


    How I Clean

    I named this post A Different Way To Clean because I have NEVER bought  a Fantastic, a 409, a Pine Sol,  a Lysol, Clorox Wipes, a Tide, etc.  I have never used a toxic cleaner since being married!!  I clean differently than most people.  I only clean with ALL natural products.  I did this even before it was  cool to be green!  At first, my only reason to do this was because it was cheaper.  I used and still use Shaklee Get Clean products.  Now, after being more educated on why it is so important to be toxic free,  I am really glad that I have been using these the whole time!!!  Toxins are dangerous, as in hurtful, as in not very clean at all.

    When most people think of green cleaners, they think: expensive or lack of quality.  With the Get Clean products that I found, nothing is further!  These are CHEAP!!!!  And they WORK!!!! 
    Let me tell you what I use and how!

    Kitchen

    Let’s begin with with the  Kitchen because we spend most of out time in there!  I feel like I am in there all day!  As soon as I am done cleaning up a meal, it’s snack time!  Does that happen to anyone else?  I run my dishwasher everyday and I always  try to wipe the stainless steal appliances down every night.   I HATE going to bed with a messy kitchen!!!  I love waking up and coming down to a clean room.  I am in a better mood when there are no dishes out, the stove is clean and their are no fingerprints on the fridge!  I also like to sweep or vacuum the floor everyday (several times a day under their high chairs).  

    In the kitchen I use…..

    Basic H2 Organic Super Clean Concentrate and my super microfiber cleaning cloth for the appliances, cabinets, counters and walls

    Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste  for my sink and my appliance deep cleaning.  Click HERE to see how I clean my oven!

    Basic G- Concentrated Germicide for disinfecting my sink, counters, knobs, floor and whatever else I want germ FREE!

    Dish Wash Concentrate for washing pots, pans or anything else by hand.  I only use 1 drop per dish!  This stuff is really powerful!!!!

    Dish Wash Automatic Concentrate for my dishwasher.  I only use 1 teaspoon of this stuff and I NEVER pre-rinse  my dishes.  CHEAP!!!!

    Here is a before and after of the fridge…

    After



    Here is a photo of my polished sink using Scour Off…

    Here is a before and after on my window… 

    before


     after




    Bathrooms  



    Next,  I’ll tell you about the bathrooms because everyone likes start with the grossest area and get it out of the way.   I use… 
    Basic H2 Organic Super Clean Concentrate for the windows and mirrors.

    This stuff works…..with NO streaks!!!   I mix 2 drops of the concentrate to my 32oz. water spray bottle. (It costs $.02 per 32oz.  That’s right, it costs me only a 2 PENNIES  for a 32oz. bottle)  


    CHEAP!!!! I told you. 1 bottle of Basic H2equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz. Windex. WOW!!!! 




    Here is a picture of the awesome window and mirror super microfiber cleaning cloth that I use. 




    Here is a picture of my mirror.  NO STREAKS!!!!



    Basic G- Concentrated Germicide for the sink, toilet, floors and bath/shower 




    I really like to disinfect!!!  I have three kids who put there hands everywhere and I don’t want germs everywhere!!! 




    Here is a picture of my bathroom cleaning bottles. I put this  on the door.  I have these bottles in every bathroom.  It is simple , neat and easy! 





    Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste for the bath/shower, floor and sink when needed. 





    This stuff takes off rust, mold, hard water residue and other build up.  


    And it SMELLS like cherries!!! And totally safe! 




    Here are before and after pictures of some hard water residue on my sink drain. (I know it’s gross!  Don’t hate me!) 





    WOW!!! Look at that sparkle!!! 




    I think that is pretty much it for the bathrooms, lets move on to floors     




    Floors




    I try to vacuum or sweep everyday.  I don’t know if it is just my family but we REALLY need to do this everyday!  We get kinda totally dirty here!  I found a floor duster that I really like and the dusts the baseboards too!  YAY!!!  It is by o-cedar. 





    Here is a picture of it at work!!! 



    I also love to use my BFF aka my Dyson vacuum.  I love it!  Now that my son is crawling and trying to eat everything he sees, I have just been leaving it out all the time.  Anytime I see something on the floor, I just turn on my Dyson and suck that baby up before my son finds it! 




    I use the attachments to get baseboards, lamp shades and furniture.




    I have the Dyson Ball Slim and it’s great because it is so easy to move around and it’s lightweight! 




    For washing my floors, I use…..guess….. 








    This awesome no rinse, no residue, streak-free formula works great on any floor!  It seriously makes my wood shine.   For floors,  mix 1 tablespoon of Basic H + 1 gallon of water.  Apply to floor with sponge or mop.  I just put it in a spray bottle, spray it on the floor and wipe it with a microfiber mop. 




    Here is my little helper!  Look at the floor shine! 





    Dust




    Now, how do I dust?  I don’t!  LOL, I wish!  This family makes a lot of dust or at least we see it more because of all of our dark wood  floors and furniture.  Usually I dampen my super micro fabric cleaning cloth with my Basic H.  I also use a really long duster to get my fans, vents, light fixtures, stair railing, walls and ceiling. 







    Here is another picture of my helper.  I find it best to give the kids their own set of cleaning tools to keep them busy.  It’s never too early to teach the art of cleaning! 





    Laundry




    Laundry for 5 is not an easy thing to do!  I have a system that works for now until I can get the kids to do their own.  Right now I put ALL the the dirty laundry  form everyone in our family in my side of our closet.  I have 3 laundry baskets for  whites, lights and darks and 1 basket on my hubby’s side for his work clothes.  I also keep a laundry basket in my laundry room for hand towels, wash cloths, etc.  All of my laundry products are concentrated and NON-Toxic.  It is totally safe for your skin.  It is great for sensitive baby skin! 




    I use… 




















    2010 01 12_2383




    Here is a picture of the baskets in our closet… 
    2010 01 13_2350  

    Here is a picture of our laundry room basket… 




              2010 01 12_2377  




    Extra Tips




    Have your kids ever drawn on your furniture with pen?!?!?  Mine have,  a normal mom would probably freeeak out! But not me.  Basic H gets it right out!!!!  AND in less than ONE MINUTE!!!!!  I just put in on straight and scrubbed in right out! 




    Here is a before and after of my chair with pen on it… 




    2010 01 16_2459 2010 01 17_2443


    I also really like the Magic Eraser for scratches on the furniture.  

    Here is a before and after of white paints scuffs on my dresser. 



    2010 01 12_2379 2010 01 12_2380                     


    And that is how I clean and what I use!!!!

    For more cleaning tips, join me on Facebook now! :)