Regrets or no regrets?

Monday, February 8, 2010
Have you ever let an ingenious moment make you do something that you knew was stupid?

Oh yes, I tend to do that very often. “Live life with no regrets”--I keep reminding myself, but sometimes, that doesn’t work... You see, wanting to transform that which is already perfect, is simply stupid... like what I did to this chair I bought a while ago...


It only cost me $5.00, and yes, it was tattered, and weather worn, and yes, it was imperfect... but so lovely just the way it was.
Unfortunately, I thought I could make it look prettier than it already was...

And the transformation kept going...

And going...

I try so hard for perfection that I usually tend to forget that imperfection is happiness...

Yes, some things are better left untouched... don’t you think so? I sure do! A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.

Which is more like you? Do you usually regret the things that you have done, or do you usually regret the things that you have not?

Perhaps,
it’d do me some good if I stick to the wisdom of Rabindranath Tagore: I leave no trace of wings in the air, but I am glad I have had my flight.”


I'm participating in "I made it without my hubby"