Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Monday, February 15, 2010
Did you know that happiness is being aware, not only of the positive events that occur in your life but, that you can create them, that you control their occurrence, and that you play a major role in the good things that happen to you?

Yes, happiness isn't off in the future, but in living in the "now" and loving the moment of our daily experiences. And thus, I've been busy creating happiness around myself and my house. Doing what? You may want to know...

Doing what I love most: Playing house!

For four wonderful days (Thanks to all the presidents, past and present, and an extra day), I've been home, delighting myself in the little things of life... dusting, arranging and rearranging things around. Waking up early just for the pleasure of it, is pure heaven! Not feeling obligated to throw myself onto the craziness of our busy life, but instead savoring each moment, enjoying in its fullness the coziness of my home, is pure heaven.... delightful bliss!

Husband and son are still upstairs sleeping... the quiet house is a special soul healing sanctuary, the place where my hopes are renewed each day as the sun rises in the pink horizon...

Dim light of lamps starts to warm the shadows as the soft, airy voice of Carla Bruni fills my kitchen with calming tempos... the mood is set for reading, for cozying up by the window, or maybe start a special breakfast, try that Potatoe and Onion Frittata recipe from Martha Stewart I wanted to try...

Oh yes, the early morning hours are so peaceful, so quiet. It’s my favorite time of day, especially when I don't have to go to work... I truly enjoy that time of peace, that time to myself, when I can think, when I can read, when I can breathe.

And yes, I'm late to post my "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" post.... but I'm still celebrating life and the pleasures of living it. Deciding to blog without compromise has been one of my greatest accomplishments in this wonderful world of Blogland!

What are you celebrating today about your home, garden, family, life? If you feel happy enough and would like to join me celebrating whatever blessings bestowed to you, just add your link!