The world through my eyes

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

7:00am... a magical glow breaks through the darkened window, and although it has taken me by surprise, I know what it is...


 



Snow!



Our world has been awoken to yet another white morning. It’s dark outside, but the garden is magically wrapped in this amazing ice-blue glow that only snow can cast...





Tiny snowflakes are fluttering lazily from the sky, like exquisite frozen butterflies. If one thing amazes me about winter and a winter’s morning is the silence and sacredness that seems to blanketed the land... it isn’t unusual this binding, metaphysical and ubiquitous power of Nature in me... I hear it calling me.... a force beyond my power urging me to be one with the earth, as a bride becomes one in unity with her groom. And so I set out to the garden again... to the treasures hidden in the ice....





This wonderful world of mine has become a beautiful and desolate island... there is something almost mystical lingering in the chilled air... no lullaby fairy or imaginary creature this time... peace abide in a real garden, in the heart of a real woman in a real world forever immersed in a magic whose secret will always elude us...







Oh the hallowed sound of silence... and this white vastness filling every corner inside... nothing moves, nothing to disturb the sacredness that has descended upon the land...




I see angels dancing down the path, white sea-foam clumps in wind-tossed tree branches, and then, behind my back a soft fluttering of wings.... something takes flight behind me; perhaps an intruder myself in this wonderful wonderland of silence... a winged friend.





It’s wonderful... the leaping free spirits of birds, the dream of a snowy land, and to sense the miracle of life in everything which is natural...





And behind my back, though it is a cold dreary time of year, a safe and warm nest to call my own. Home! The place where my imagination can always metamorph and fly as a bird.









I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver