A one of a kind tea party!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011
A tea party is a fun way to get together with our girlfriends and enjoy different flavors of tea, delicious food and each others' company. But have you ever hosted a one of a kind tea party where not only you were the gracious hostess, but also the only invitee? Ah yes, I know about that! In fact, I just had one today. When my best friend leaves to Neverland on business trips he leaves behind a huge void. Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys seldom come by any more, and so the house feels terribly quiet and my heart can't find its contentment. So what do I do? Of course, I could always sing “All By Myself” to the tune of “Three Blind Mice” all day long, but instead, I bake one or two cakes, arrange a pretty table and throw a very special tea party for Me Myself and I! I want my guests (which mean me ;) to feel welcome, so I make sure to add thoughtful details to my fĂȘte.


It never fails... sipping a cup of tea is a delightful way to brighten anyone’s day! I don't enjoy being alone for more than 30 minutes, so I'm planning on leaving all my windows open tonight, as I'm sending a beacon of powdered sugar flowing like pollen in the wind to Neverland. Baked sweets, especially cakes have the power to call, you know! Don't believe me? When I was a little girl I could always tell when my mother wanted me home... she baked, and as she took her sweet confections out of the oven I could see the scent floating in the air calling me... All I had to do was follow it home. So I'm hoping the sweet aroma of my cakes would call on Peter Pan and bring him back home soon!


I’m joining the following friends for tea!



Tuesday Tea with Wanda Lee



Tuesday Teatime with Lady Katherine



Teatime Tuesday with Sandi



Teacup Tuesday with Martha



Teacup Tuesday with Terri



Tabletop Tuesday with Marti



Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday with Wanda Lee and Pam