Just thinking out loud

Tuesday, August 2, 2011
I’ve been enchanted by a little cottage sitting on a country road I take everyday. It has a large corn field for a garden. Two or three steps from the back door on a given summer day, and you’ll disappeared into a thicket of dark green corn stalks towering 10 feet, maybe 12 feet, above the ground. Truly enchanting!

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies. I can't stand anything Harry Potter.

Birds have taken over our porch… It has to do with a verdant grapevine that grows there. It’s like living inside Nature. I’m loving it… but what to do with all that poop?

I haven’t worn my Shabby Apple dress again. I don’t feel comfortable in it and I’m thinking maybe I should give it away on my blog. I’m wondering if people may see this as unethical—to give away something I have already worn. Size 10.

I love re-purpose furniture and chairs with great potential are my favorite. I like to elevate their approval rating by giving them center stage in my garden... the only problem is, they won’t last long there… as soon as the get transformed, they always end up inside the house.

The baker’s rack I use as potting table in the garden has been swallowed up by the exuberance of mid summer. It’s not mine. I cannot use it any longer, for it now belongs to a thick vine that every year grows fresh and green...

Yet, I love it! I love Nature’s mystique and the way it engulfs the simplest of thing to then gently transform them into works of art the color of its own skin...

When I was a little girl living in a forgotten little rural town in a faraway land, my sister Lissette and I used to sleep every night under a flowery canopy that pretty much looked like this...

It covered our entire bed, and it was something more of a necessity than anything else. You see, this tent was suppose to be a mosquito net to protect us from the constant mosquito bites that caused our skin to swell and itch for several days, but mosquito nets and luxuries such as that was simply out of the question back then. So when someone left us some unwanted fabric that was either too old or too ugly to be transformed into little girls' dresses, we got our canopy made. It was hot, and the humidity level under it was excruciating. I remember sweating profusely at night... yet, still smiling under our enchanted roof... a shimmering glow of pink embracing us...

May you all have an enchanted night... Breathe. Relax. Be.