Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, July 31, 2011
Hello to you! And welcome to another Show Off Your Cottage Monday; a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live. If you're new here, thanks for stopping by and if you've visited before, thanks for returning!

The House in the Roses

Where are you spending your summer? I’m lost somewhere here---in a jungle of Shasta Daisies and woody vines… of course, I like to call this place "a jungle", but it really is just my backyard… and this, the porch where I'm living my summer days...



A garden without a pleasant porch is an unfinished dream to me... I have a small and very humble porch; not the "dreamy" porch you would find in magazines and books anyway, but then again a porch doesn’t have to be necessarily amazing to feel amazing... right? And that's what I am celebrating today! What about you? Do you love your porch? What are you celebrating today? Take us there! Please link back to The house in the roses if you enjoyed "playing house" with me, this way other can come here and enjoy our party too! Thank You.


UPDATE: Since so many of you have asked about the frilly gingham ‘tablecloth’ on my “Show Off Your Cottage Monday” post, I decided to reveal the secret ;) This is actually a single bed dust ruffle made by some unknown industrious soul who later decided to give it away to charity... I found it at a local thrift shop and bought it for $4.00. I thought it would look lovely on my table paired with roses... I just love it!