Roses in the bedroom

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The layers of ruffly petals, the palest of pinks, the luscious of purples and the purest of whites.



And of course, the absolutely glorious scent... Roses! Roses!




The Royal Amethyst is blooming profusely right now and I cut a vase full and thought they would look marvelous in our bedroom... Purple roses gathered up and set on an old tarnished silver tray... inspiring, and simply beautiful.




The scent wafting in the bedroom's atmosphere from these roses is truly heavenly; it is the purest and truest scent of a rose. It reminds me of pretty ladies swathe in puffy dresses and antique talcum powders and elegant boudoirs and fancy parlors of some gone by era...




...and then there are the white roses on my dinning table...




...the purest of color; protected in a petal-tight cocoon; pale and lovely; the archetype of saints and purity and happy brides...






It's no secret... I love roses. Love them all! And I have this feeling you do too!


Happy Friday, my friend. And remember: Have coffee in the morning garden, savor everyday moments, make friends, treasure family.