Summer days in the garden

Sunday, June 24, 2012
What kind of a day did you have today?






Café au lait at 7:00am...




Then it was work work clean cook work...




...and make the house in the roses sparkle before our guests arrived.






...spray painting more bottles in pastel colors. Love it!



We had a lovely little get-together party today in the garden with some friends who were visiting from CA, and then some more friends...





The scent wafting from the garden this afternoon was that of roses mingled with the taste of cheesy chile rellenos, ginger lemon cupcakes...

...and cakes with centers filled with strawberries topped with whipcream...



I forgot to take some pictures of my shortcakes after they were filled with fresh strawberries cut in small pieces and topped with whipcream, but they looked and tasted scrumptious... love my new Nordic Ware Shortcake Baskets pan!




And then flowers flowers... simple country jars decorated with lace and beads filled with carnations from Walmart in the loveliest of colors. Flowers make me so very happy! Wish I could have fresh flowers decorating my tables all year around...





I hope you had a lovely day yourself my friend... a day filled with the sweet gratitude of family and friends and lovely summer thoughts...