Dessert cookbooks and baking

Monday, December 17, 2012

Still deeply saddened by Friday's senseless violence in Newtown, Connecticut… May the God of consolation touch their hearts and ease their pain. And thus, I have to empty my mind and bring it to a sunny spot for peace… I must.









I’ve been looking through some of my dessert cookbooks trying to figure out what I should bake for the holidays… Do you know what you’re making yet?

 






I love baking, do you? And I love going through page after page of photographs of dessert, and dessert cookbooks... so pretty, so yummy and some of them so easy to make!








I’ve been lucky to find some awesome dessert cookbooks at my local thrift stores… for just a few bucks. Love them!










Pretty!








And yummy!










I like to decorate my kitchen with cooksbooks; particularly dessert cookbooks.










Some photos are amazingly pretty.












And so I’ve been baking…








My version of personal mini apple pies. Yummy!







OK, you can tell this was my first ever making apple pies! Not so pretty looking, but super good.  I used Pillsbury ready-made pie dough and a can of canned apple pie filling...  eeeasy! ;)  Will have to keep practicing! ;)








What about you... have you been baking much?




Would love to hear about it... and see!