Our weekend!

Sunday, December 16, 2012
I don't want to talk about Friday. It was a horrific event and I have cried over and over again as I am sure you have too! My prayers go out to everyone affected. I don't know what to do but I do know that our time with our kids is precious and I want to spend as much time with them as I can and I also want to do my best job as I possibly can in raising them. I am not perfect (non of us are) but I just want to make even more special moments with my kids and (like my priest at church said,) "do better!" Yes, I want to do better!!

This weekend, I made sure to spend as much time with them as I could. That's all they really want anyway, isn't it?

We watched Christmas movies while eating popcorn, colored, read books, played Legos, had family over for an little, early Christmas, made hot chocolate, decorated a gingerbread house, cut out snowflakes, went to church, talked with friends after church, slept over at our new house for the first time and just talked together!

I will continue to do better! Everyone can!

I am behind on my shopping, the house is a mess, my Christmas cards have been sitting on the counter for 2 weeks and I still haven't updated my addresses, etc, etc. Those things were not as important to me this weekend.

I think it is important to slow down and soak up this season with our families.

How are you handling things?

Here are a few photos from our weekend.

Bonnie :)