The flower garden

Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Flowers are starting to fill my little world with color and glory...



I am practically living day and night in the garden... I like to think of my garden as the overflow boudoir where I come to find peace, relax, unwind, or just be.




Everywhere you turn, there's a beautiful, interesting angle...




Enchantment's is more than a great delight here... It is also a sense of wonder




Ninebark Shrubs are overflowing with clusters of pinkish-white flowers...




But if you don't pay close attention, a same flower or shrub can change in minutes before your very eyes!







Columbines are dainty fairies...




And Japanese Snowballs and Vibernum flowers are sisters separated at birth...




Lovely Weigelas with their funnel-shaped crimson flowers and nondescript green leaves are the queen of the garden right now...




Sweet Williams, Dianthus, Beartongue, Floxgloves, Lupines, Delphiniums and pansies are sweet jewels of joy... and there is a fast-growing climbing Beanstalk this year too! Oh, and did I tell you that I think I might have seen Jack climbing the beamstalk the other day? I did I did!

2” pots Dianthus were giving to each mother at our church on Mother’s Day a year ago... most probably I’m the only one who is still enjoying these lovely little flowers today...




Happy Petunias and day lilies are ready to burst, and Korean Lilacs and Miss Kim are bursting with blooms.... passing by these shrubs is like walking on heaven, the aroma lingers on the air like magical kite tails... but my favorites among favorites are the roses. They’re ready to bloom any day now, and it’s like walking in an enchanged world ready to be awakened by an abundance of color and perfume... My window is an illusion of Paradise right now.

I will be showing you my roses real soon now, but for now I hope you enjoy the heavenly scent of my first rose bouquets...




I bought a couple of .49 cents canning jars yesterday and decided to pretty them up using some old rose decals I had and some other lovely stuff. I love how they turned out... I might have to make me a couple more! ;)




I hope you are having a super delightful day!

I'm linking this post to:

Boogieboard Cottage