Dressing up and a THANK you note

Friday, February 3, 2012
I love to dress just the way I love to decorate my house; in oodles of layered goodness and clothing that evokes a feminine feeling. The antithesis of modern fashion, right? Perhaps, but for me this is perfectly fine. Being a girl is a good thing! And not worrying about what others may think or say about me at this stage of my life is even better! There is so much freedom in this!




I love this top. I love the fantastic neutral tones and softness to it, and to top it all, I love the pretty piece of lace on the top part and two layers of sheer gauzy fabric at the bottom.




It pairs perfectly with my layered white skirt.




Shoes complete any look—and finding the right ones for my shabby chic style is no different. I don’t wear high heels as much as I used to any more. I rather be comfortable than ridiculous if you know what I mean. Have you notice how some ‘mature’ women like using extra high, high heels; and yet they’re visibly dragging themselves in pure pain? I see it all the time where I work. Who are they kidding? Of course, didn’t I just said not to worry about what others may think or say about us at this stage of our lives? ;)


I love the chunky looking Scandinavian style shoes, but they’re hard to find here. These are not European shoes, but I like them the same. They look super cute with some tights and a skirt. I find them relatively simple yet feminine. Equestrian boots, booties, oxfords, Mary Janes, and ballerina flats are all perfect for the shabby chic look.




Anyway… so how are you been doing? I've been contemplating making some type of dessert... but what?




Any suggestion? Recipes?




Thank you for being such a beautiful light in my life, for your comments and prayers on my behalf on my previous post; thank you for opening up and sharing your own problems with me and reminding me that I’m not alone… what a special souls you are!