Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I love my Roscher Paisley china; they’re my favorite china ever. I love the beautiful cream tones and pretty ornate design on it. They make me think of lace and dinner plates with crocheted lace edging.


 





I love to treat my favorite china to a soapy extravagance from time to time. Washing and drying pretty china by hand it’s not a job to me… it is a pleasure. This weekend, however, I decided to put them in the dishwasher this time, because I’ve been a busy bee deep in paint in the upstairs room (which, by the way I’ll be talking about this project real soon – so keep post it), and didn’t have time to play with them.


 










I got carried away and decided to bring in my set of vintage plates and put them in the dishwasher too. These plates are so pretty. They have an intricate lace design of the edges and dainty roses in the center.











Well…. I should’ve known better. My vintage plates were not dishwasher safe; which means they cannot handle the heat produced in the dishwasher, and thus, some of them were damaged.


 





They got stained for life, but they’re still pretty thought, and thus, I’m planning on using then in the garden. I’m thinking I’ll keep them here, in my garden rack where I keep an assortment of interesting things... and I can always used them as flower pot saucer. They would look pretty with my small clay pots.


 










I'm getting all excited thinking about spring. The sun us out and it is unbelievably warm and lovely and flocks of robins are serenading my garden. They’ve taken over the garden; flying everywhere in quantities galore… totally crazy and unbelievably magical!