More roses...

Saturday, October 27, 2012


Autumn rains are falling; refreshing the garden, while serene fall colors fills the landscape with magical hues. And in the house, apple cinnamon delights and pumpkin breads in the oven. Warm quilts and cozy comforters have been dug out of the back of closets, and my favorite "Mrs. Santa's" red footed pajama is ready for cold winter nights... but before I start writing (and whining) about my life in Snowland, I should brag a little more about my roses... why, roses are almost done for the year and I should take all the hope my spirit can muster, for soon I shall live without them for far too long a time.. so I hope you won't mind ;)













Bonica and Queen Elizabeth roses...








Love unopened blooms...












Chicago Peace roses in my favorite ever color...









Roses are never a disappointment... some of my bushes are miraculously still holding their blooms, while others are filled with late buds that will remain unopened; frozen in time... 










Fresh, wilting, fading, dried.. yet still so beautiful to me.








I'm always changing things up and decorating, 



so last week, I filled my favorite room of the house with the last of the roses... 


roses from my own garden... how lovely!



















I sure going to miss my roses. There is nothing quite like 


cutting beautiful, fragrant roses from your own garden. 
















My girly room.... no boys allowed! ;)













I hope you have a wonderful rest of weekend friends 


Cielo