October loveliness

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall is all over town wildly painting leaves and blowing the thick heads of the tall old oaks; swirling and spinning leaves all around in curious dances. Strangely, in the garden still feels like summer. God must know how much I love summer and decided to extend it just a bit longer for me... o maybe I can explain that our garden has it's own little micro-climate? Whatever it is, roses are producing more buds, more leaves, butterflies keep hovering around and about the garden late into the evening and I cannot get enough; cannot get enough of the nimble air and cloudless blue skies. And every morning I wake with a fresh consciousness and the knowledge that one must enjoy every minute of peace and beauty given to us.  For this is a gift.








I love October. A month this beautiful should be at least 40 days long, don't you think so!


 


 


"A good life is when you smile often,


dream big, laugh a lot and


realize how blessed you are


for what you have."


(Unknown)