1. Start by replacing a bunch of your cleaners (your general spray cleaner, glass cleaner, counter top cleaner, floor and bathroom cleaners) with a natural, nontoxic all-purpose cleaner. You will only need one to do that. Really!
2. Replace your laundry detergent with a natural nontoxic one so the clothes you wear and the sheets you sleep on have no fumes for you to breathe.
3. Go to your bathroom and read the shampoo, makeup and moisturizer labels. Ask yourself, “Do I really need scent in these products?” Take stock of all of your other products and try to replace one a week with a safer, greener choice.
4. Use BPA-free plastic baby bottles and fill them with breast milk or organic formula. Choose powdered formula over canned formula to avoid BPA leaching from the can-lining.
5. Pay attention (without freaking out) to the toys you buy for your kids. Avoid lead paint and soft plastics that contain phthalates.
6. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and avoid processed food. Even better, choose organic and locally grown meats, dairy, fruits, and vegetables.
7. Try to get the plastic containers out of your kitchen and replace them with glass containers.
8. Make a vow to stop buying bottled water—NOW. Instead, buy a water filter pitcher and keep two in your fridge at all times.
9. For cleaner and healthier air, open your windows once a day when the outside temperature is comfortable.
10. When buying new stuff for your home, focus on green products especially mattresses and carpets.
Information is from greengoeswitheverything.com written by Sloan Barnett, author of
The kids and I celebrated EARTH DAY by….
- Planting heirloom seed herbs, tomato plants and flower seeds
- Helping daddy plant trees and bushes
- Celebrating the animals on Earth by visiting the zoo
- Celebrated the Earth and enjoyed our beautiful planet by taking a nature walk and visiting a local science center
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!
What did you do to celebrate this year?
For EARTH DAY, I am giving away a $30 GET CLEAN CERTIFICATE to my Shaklee Site, a FREE LIFETIME MEBERSHIP to receive 15% on all products (a $19.95 value and no minimums to maintain membership) and FREE SHIPPING.
The giveaway ends on Tuesday, so go check it out!
Also, starting next Tuesday, I will be hosting a Twice Owned Tuesday Party every week so I can see all of your second hand goodies! I hope to see you all there.
Please visit my online Shaklee site to go GREEN!