If you’re one of America’s 40 million allergy sufferers, you probably already clean everyday to minimize allergens. Even if you clean daily, allergens may still be hanging out in your house. To really control dust mites your house should be deep cleaned 2 or 3 times a year and Spring in a great time to refresh your home after the long winter.
Here are some spring cleaning dusting tips…
- Wear a face mask (if allergic to dust)
I damp my cloth my all-purpose Basic H solution!!!
- Dust early: If you are allergic to pollen, you should finish your cleaning before pollination begins because you want to keep your windows open to allow your house to breathe. (especially if you are using chemical cleaners)
- Use a HEPA filter on your vacuum: HEPA filters can trap very fine particles, like pollen and dust mite feces, which can trigger allergy attacks
- Work down: I like to start at my ceilings and work down to the floor. That way if dust does get into the air and fall, I can still get it as I work down.
Here is what I dust….
- ceilings and walls
- ceiling fans
- curtain rods
- light fixtures
- hall hangings
- furniture and bookshelves/shelves
- lamps and decor
- stair casings
- window sills
- cold air returns
- refrigerator coils (more shown below)
- vacuum and wash floors (more shown below)
- Don’t forget to wash all bedding.
To to really get hidden dust and help your refrigerator you NEED to vacuum your refrigerator coils. This should been done at least twice a year. Mine was really bad, I think that it had been a year. Here are some before and after pictures.
Before (I told you that it was bad)
Here is the cover.
I vacuumed under the front and the back.
I was only able to get the first and last grates because I couldn’t get my vacuum any further. As you can see, it is really dusty. But at least I was able to get what I got. And my fridge started to work better immediately.
Remember to clean your vacuum filters regularly.
Now is a great time to do it again so you get the best suction for your deep spring cleaning.
Here is my filter before I cleaned it.
Then I took out the frame.
Next, I put a couple of drops of Basic H straight on it.
Here is it after.
It was sooo easy. The hardest part was waiting the 24 hours for it to dry.
I am obsessed with vacuuming!
I also washed out the lint holder.
Ahh, much better!
It is also important to clean out and hair or lint that might be trapped the the brushes.
That makes me vey happy! :)
After dusting and vacuuming my whole house, I washed my floor to make sure all the dust was gone.
I only use a chemical free, organic, non-toxic cleaner called Basic H.
Are you surprised? Lol!
I love it and use it for everything!!! Seriously!
Here are some pictures.
(It doesn’t usually get this bad EVER, so it makes a great before)
It’s even safe enough to let your little ones help!
After you have dusted, vacuumed and washed the last room in your whole house, make sure to take out all your garbage, wash all of your microfiber clothes and other cleaning items thoroughly.
So, there it is!!!
My spring cleaning dusting routine!
It feels so great to be done, now onto the rest of my mile long list.
I hope that this was helpful and good luck on your spring cleaning!!!!
Please visit my online Shaklee site.