Homemade Apple Crisp

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last week, I celebrated my 26th birthday!!!!  I had a great day just hanging out with my kids.  That is my favorite thing to do in the whole world!   

  I wanted to share my favorite dessert with you- Apple Crisp!!! I love it and this recipe was my moms that her mom gave to her and it is EXCELLENT!  Yummy!  I am pretty sure that my mom made this for me on most of my birthdays because it is my fav!!!!


 



Apple Crisp

Topping

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup softened butter

Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
Cut up 2 pounds of apples (about 6 medium)
Place in a buttered 8x8 dish
Sprinkle the topping on the apples
Bake for about 40 minutes

*TIP* 
I LOVE to double to topping and eat my apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.  I know it is not as healthy that way but it is soooo good!

Do you have a special birthday recipe?


POPULAR POSTS:






Have a great day,

Bonnie