Romantic rainy days

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It’s been raining off and on all day. There's something magical about days like these that drives me straight to the back porch... so I grab a blanket and curl up in its warmth to watch the rain from my comfy spot in the settee.

 


I like to see how the rain washes off the land, and I like to watch how after it stops raining the sun comes up and ever so gently starts spreading itty bitty specks of gold through the rain-damped grass and over the trees and atop the leaves. Rain drops looked like shiny stars on the leaves, and wiggly woozy worms were everywhere this morning for the robins to feast on… Ah yes, I’m almost certain I heard the robins talking among themselves as they hopped and leaped all over the wet grass: "I’m gonna eat some worms!... big fat juicy worms, and little skinny slimy ones, and fuzzy wozzy pretty worms!"





I believe in seeing beauty in every thing in nature. Nature is the greatest expression of our Creator’s love. We should never give up an opportunity to turn whatever beautiful element we encounter in our daily lives into a personal experience. I had the opportunity to make one of those magical moments today by simply opening my senses to the wonderful smell of rain. The smell of rain is something that I’ve always loved, even as a child. That scent is somehow more than just something we smell. We feel it as well. It is visceral, and it certainly has an effect on our brain chemistry. The minute you step outside on a rainy day and inhale deeply, letting that scent fill you up, you will experience that peaceful quality it brings with it.





It was a magical morning, indeed! And extra special too! You see, a little while later, I heard a knock upon my door. I went straight to open it, and what do you know... It was Peter Pan! It was so naughty of him not to wipe his feet from all the rain and mud outside, but when he showed me what he had brought for me straight from some garden in Neverland, I melted... it was the most exquisite rose bouquet I'd ever seen!