Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, April 3, 2011
Welcome to "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live.

The House in the Roses
Today I’m showing you what I’m using as centerpiece in our master bathroom: A wood tray transformed by me a while ago. I bought this nice large wood tray at a thrift store last summer, and posted about it here.

It wasn’t the prettiest of trays originally, but it had good bones and so I made it look pretty with some creamy cottage white paint. I added a few things to infuse a dash of femininity, such as these pearly beds and diamonds you see here and which I totally love...

And also added some things for practicality—things I already had, such as washcloths, hotel soaps (only white), cotton balls and swabs nicely placed in jars and pretty containers (also collected from thrift stores). This few things instantly gave my bathroom a romantic new counter display...

A few days later I found a pretty box of beautiful scented drawer linens with an English Rose design, and decided to lined my tray with it... I instantly fell in love at how it looks!

I always try to include some fresh flowers there, but can hardly wait to add a pretty little flower arrangement, straight from the garden! ;)


And what are your celebrating? Today's the day to play house... link, and link back!