Hello everyone! Since we are organizing our minds this week, I thought I would show you how I try to pamper myself at home (and for cheap). For a long time, I NEVER took anytime for myself but lately I have been spending a little more time on myself and feeling great! :) I think that it is important and can’t believe I didn’t do more for myself earlier. This might sound strange to some of you, but a lot of women don’t do anything for themselves. I got pregnant and started breastfeeding and then repeated it again and again, ha! I just thought I was supposed to spend all my time on them. But…you should spend a little time to make yourself feel great! A happy mom is a happy family! I am not talking a long time…5 min to a hour the most!
Here are my top tips…
10 WAYS TO PAMPER YOURSELF AT HOME
1. Take a 5 minute coffee/tea break. This is an easy thing for anyone to do. Sometimes, just letting your mind clear and getting an extra boost is just what you need to get through the day!
2. Play relaxing music. I found an free app that has great melodies that are great for relaxing! Soft music can really relax everyone, including the kids.
3. Give yourself a manicure. This won’t take too long but totally worth it! I LOVE having nice nails and I love the OPI nail polish. If I am going to take the time to paint my nails, I want it to last.
4. Give yourself a facial. You should really do this once a week. Just take your favorite skin care line and give yourself the works!!! I like to wash my face with my rotating scrubber then mask my face. After that, I like to tweeze and load up on all the lotions and creams!
5. Read a great magazine (or catalog). I love looking/reading magazines. I have my favorites that I have subscriptions to and sometimes I just pick one up at the store. You can also find some at your local library.
6. Drink a glass of wine. My husband and I like to have a glass with dinner sometimes. It’s a great way to relax. If you don’t drink wine, a cup of chamomile tea would help too.
7. Workout. Working out is a GREAT way to relax and pamper. You WILL have more energy too…I promise! Exercising makes you feel great mentally and physically! You NEED it! Try to do at least 20 minutes a day. You can use a DVD/Wii and workout right in your own home.
8. Surf the net. I love going on-line. Besides reading blogs and going on facebook, I love looking up recipes. I really like allrecipes.com. I can store my favorites in my virtual cookbook. That saves me so much space by not having a lot recipes and cookbooks around! LOVE that!
9. Take a bath. I actually do this about once a week. I love baths and always have. After I put the kids to bed, I love playing my relaxing music and reading a book/ magazine....ok…maybe drinking wine too, lol! This is my ultimate pampering favorite!
10. Read a book. You all know that Organize Now! is my new favorite book. Even a couple minutes of reading a book can help you clear your mind.
I hope that this helps you and gives you motivation to pamper yourself!
How do you pamper yourself?
What helps you relax the most?
Also, I wanted to let you know that the CINCH INCH LOSS PLAN SPECIAL has been extended until MARCH!!! YAY!!!! I am so excited because I have been hearing great testimonies from those of you that already started losing weight with Cinch!
Have a great day! :)
Come back tomorrow for my Organize Your Life party and get ready to link up your schedules!