I know of a sunny garden...

Thursday, February 3, 2011
Delicious mornings and sunny, warm afternoons…

There’s a magical garden… tucked somewhere behind an old fence. And there, at the entrance, a carmine cloud of bougainvilleas spilling joy over an old wall…

It's an enchanted place; day and night.. a magical place filled with fairies, mermaids, and exotic birds sweetly tucked amidst leaves and flowers...

It's a real garden... It's my mom's garden!

The front door of the house is connected with the gate of the garden by a short stone path which is smooth to step on, and inside... Inside that old gate you will find mostly potted plants, as concrete have taken over most of the soil… but there is still a little space reserve for gardening…

One thing you will always find in my mom’s garden is love and acceptance. When I was growing up, my mom used to remind me countless times that she will always love me regardless of what I did or whatever path I decided to follow. And it has always been like this. In my parent’s garden you will also find laughter and joy mixed with a smorgasbord of stories and conversations that are almost always evocative of a long gone past… but always, always always you will find love; unconditional love. Flawless love… A garden touched by unconditional love—my mom and dad… My heart aches with love!

I’d been so rewarding being able to play with soil again… In February! Can you imagine? It’ll be a few more months until I can again enjoy my own garden, but for now my mom’s garden has become my own little paradise… happiness under my feet, soil in my hands and face again… I feel so alive, so happy to be under the sun down on my hands and knees pulling the weeds by hand. I have cleared up mom’s little garden of weeds and planted a whole flat of tangerine Impatients... they're small plants right now, but soon the mounded plant habit will take over and a profusion of loveliness will fill this little space with color and cheerfulness.

I only wish I could stay a little longer so I could help dad repaint the concrete floors and walls… this is such a beautiful little space! And I love being here! Why don’t I ever get tired of doing this?--see blurry picture (by my husband) below:

I could stay here for ever; forever gardening under a gentle sun, but I have a home of my own to return to, and so we’ll be heading back to “Ice World” tomorrow afternoon. I am glad I will be going home, but I know it’ll be very discouraging going back to cold dreary winter days… and I'm already missing mom and dad so bad...