Excepts of my life

Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Does the beauty of Dorothy's ruby slippers charm you still? It charms me! Sometimes, I'm so incline to click my ruby slippers together...
One...

Two...

Three...

And find my way home! But where is home if not right here?

I don’t know how this is possible, but my husband knows my thoughts without me having to say a word... just one look at me and he knows. My closest friends pretty much can tell how I’m feeling too. I'm fairly transparent. My joy is obvious; my bummer days are evident. Shabby or chic—I guess after a while my readers are able to tell too! It happens when you have a blog. Although I try by best to the very best to always always put forth my best face, there are times when life can get pretty hairy (literally speaking too - lol), and you just kind of forget how to sing.

...and so I have a feeling you already know how I’m feeling lately. But, of course, this is no secret—it happens every first semester of every year from January through March. It has something to do with the weather and the sun, or lack of it. It is call SAD, or Seasonal Affective Disorder, also known as winter depression or winter blues, and it can be pretty nasty at times.

My dear friend Ilva understands this, she knows how gloomy skies make me beg for color, and she’d been busy making something for me to chase the blues away... she knows how much I love scarves, and has made me this lovely scarf in the perfect deep blues and baby blues (perfect blues that have nothing to do with the other kind of 'blue')... it feels so warm and soft around my neck, and I just love it!

It’s cold and dismal outside, and then... there’s that other issue too. But inside the house it feels warm and cozy, true love dwells among our days, and for a minute or two the faintest sun had shone over the mountains and into our nest. I was able to capture the moment in memories. And those are the blessings I want to focus on today.


Be warm, and don't forget to dream...