Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, January 8, 2012
Morning is my favorite time of day; breakfast is, by far, my favorite meal of the day and to say I love those glorious mornings when I get to stay home is an understatement...













I like to get up early in the morning while it is still dark, wander into my kitchen, light some candles and make some coffee…



















...then, I can start thinking about breakfast. A creamy double cheese and onion quiche is 'perfeccion' for a perfect morning! ;)












And it’s so easy to prepare too!





The Crust – bake for 10 minutes at 450’F





1 cup flour,

1/2 teaspoon salt,

1/4 cup light Olive Oil for a flakier crust,

1/4 cup cold water






The Egg Mixture:





3 eggs,

1 cup milk or buttermilk,

2 cups shredded cheese (I used triple Cheddar and Mozzarella), a pinch of salt,

a dash of freshly ground pepper, basil and garlic,

onion and red/green pepper: Sautee






Mix, pour into your crust and bake for 45 minutes at 325’F























(My husband loves a dash of ground basil on this mozzarella cheese)













Then I'm ready to begin my day and today it began with talking to you! I hope you enjoy this day too.






The House in the Roses










I wanted to say welcome new party goers as well as say thank you to every participant and party friends for taking the time to come over and share your wonderful links each week! You’re all such creative souls, and I’m always learning from you! THANKS SO MUCH!











Share your cottage love here, but remember: Link your post, not the main page of your blog and please include a link to the party or the party's button in your post. Celebrate life and see how others celebrate theirs by visiting!