Halloween Party 2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sometimes, when stars are twinkling and a new moon shines, there come times when folks are taken to another world by enchanted creatures... Ah yes, I’m certain of this because last night as I was getting ready to put on my nighties and go to bed, the strangest of things happened... I heard a whisper; the sound of little feet scurrying around, and when I looked about the room something truly magical caught my breath away…











Ah yes my friends, the room was aglow! Aglow with the light of some sorts of magical beings; mysterious and cerulean in color... like little wings in flight; like lighting bugs making twinkling stars on walls, on the floors on the roof and all around me!





Perplexed by this, I decided to follow these strange lights; which by the way, took me straight to the garden.








Helped by a round silvery moon, I was finally able to figure out the mystery… they were fairies!—night fairies not much bigger than a firefly with wings the color of sapphire and indigo.




These tiny creatures were extremely agile; they kept flapping their tiny wings around me; hovering all over the garden in almost any direction, including upside down and backwards, and with movement so fast that they looked like a blur to my eyes...







They were certainly trying to tell me something... or show me something, that’s for sure!



When the little fairies understood I knew their intentions, they flew ahead of me towards the back of the garden; over to the hedge where the tall trees stand like ghost amidst the shadows talking strange things between them in some strange language.









That’s when I saw it… amidst the bushes and tall trees—the magic door!!











Yes, I knew that’s where the magic door was… it had always been there. But why would the night fairies bring me here… now, at this time of night?









I hadn’t been to these parts of the garden in a long time. You see, I had lost the magic key to the magic door many a moons ago. Not being able to access the magic door that takes me to mysterious and enchanted worlds, I had stopped coming here. But now the night fairies were trying to tell me something... “Look there”—they seem to be saying. And so I did…









Parting bushes and shrubbery so thick and tight together you would almost thought you were opening yet another door, I was finally able to step onto the back side of the garden… and what do you know! The key! The magic key!








It had been such a long time since I last seen it that it took me a while to realize how lucky I was to have found it. Indeed, the key looked old and scrubby, but still was the magic key!











Did I go visit some interesting and bizarre world through the magic door? At that time of night? You bet I did! You wouldn’t think I could’ve waited till morning, would you? I was way too excited to wait until morning! Besides, earlier that day I was made known by the fairies of some very special celebration going on in some far away land I didn't want to miss...





A yes, a gathering of witches, in some distant land... shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, shadows are moving, it's that time of year again, when the veil between the seen and unseen is lifted, and alluring darkness takes it's place. When magic fills the air and mystery enters...




Would you like to come with me and see what the witches are doing? Yes? OK then… through the magic door we go, through the trees into the woods…







I’ll walk, but you can fly, hop, or swing if you want over to the place of the witches and visit. I will be stopping by to visit as many as I can this week!






Have fun imagining and creating! And a Happy Halloween to you!