Home after work

Thursday, October 13, 2011
I made arroz con leche right after I got home today. I like to eat my arroz con leche right off the stove; hot and with a pinch of cinnamon on top. I then like to go to my back porch and sit on the settee out-looking the garden while I eat this smooth creaminess that is very warming and delicious.


This afternoon it was truly lovely out there… sweetness in my lips and the early evening softly speaking in my ears—peace and a wonderful feeling of thanksgiving and praise in my heart…. That’s what those delicious autumnal days instill in me naturally…




And then, as I was sitting out there, in my settee under the grapevine, a gift came to me atop the gentle breezes… the music of a flute being softly played coming from somewhere beyond the garden’s gate; perhaps a child or a youngster practicing his partitures? Delicious sounds, delicious autumnal evenings in a quieted sea of a garden that, much like me, remains enchanted under the spell of autumn…


And speaking of grapes… we have so many grapes this year...



Sweet seedless grapes that we’ve shared with neighbors and co-workers and use much in our daily juices…




I love my house at this time of day when I’m the first one to arrive and it is all mine; and it feels so peaceful; shadows and light play magical games in every room and there’s the wonderful smell of food being prepared. Outside my kitchen window, I see birds at the bird feeder engage in magical conversations, the sun starts its slow descend in the horizon…




Another day... one more prayer of thanksgivings.



Peace be with you and to all who enter your home.