Water: Do you Drink Enough?

Saturday, October 1, 2011
Hello everyone!  I am so excited about this new series!!!

better health

I am joining the Nester with her 31 Days of Change and I really want to help you and your family make small changes daily during October.  Some posts will be short and to the point and others might have more detail.  

Like I explained here, I am Certified Personal Trainer and really enjoy helping people getting healthy, fit and toned!  So if you want that, then join me here this month and don’t forget to grab a button for your blog too! Smile

betterhealth

Today is day one and I wanted to share an easy and free tip that can really help you achieve better health today!

DAY 1: Drink Water

I know this might sound dumb to some of you. 

But you need to ask yourself:

“How much water did I drink so far today?”

“Do I measure how much I drink daily?”

What did you answer?  Was it good or bad? 

Go grab a glass of water and come back to finish reading this! Smile

Benefits of drinking water glass

Ok, now ask yourself this:

“Do I feel hungry?”

“Do I have lots of energy?”

“Am I  fatigued?”

“Do I have a headache?”

“Do I have a dry mouth?”

“How many times do I go to the bathroom each day?”

“Do I have dry skin?”

“Do I get dizzy?”

If you answered YES to some of those questions, you may be 
dehydrated! 

Did you know that if you are thirsty today, it is because you didn’t drink enough yesterday?  Are you drinking your water yet, lol?


Here are of important things water can do to help your body:
  • Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
  • Moisturizes the air in lungs
  • Helps with metabolism (hey, who doesn’t want help with their metabolism)
  • Protects our vital organs
  • Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
  • Regulates body temperature (I think as women, this is huge, right?
  • Detoxifies (I love to detox!)
  • Protects and moisturizes our joints

So, How much water should you drink each day?  

Well, 6-8 glasses a day is recommend but a rough rule of thumb is to drink 1/2 ounce of water for every pound per day.  You will need extra if you workout, if you are pregnant or a child. 


Tip:  

If you are trying to lose weight,  drink a glass of water immediately right when you wake up. (I keep one on my nightstand.) This will help flush toxins and jump start your metabolism each morning!!

What kind of water should you be drinking?  

Well, we love our Reverse Osmosis System but you can also use a filter like this one because it will remove the bad stuff including lead (the only one on the market) and it will save a lot of plastic bottles by not buying the individual water bottles.
GCWater_033111 - Copy
So, what do you think?  Can we all make sure that we drink enough water today?

Now, go drink your water to better health today!!

Bonnie :)