Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Sunday, October 23, 2011
I clipped the last of the roses this evening. I like to think of roses in early autumn as jewels in the necklace of some tired giant—the somnolent garden. I’m going to miss my roses; miss seeing them around my house embellishing rooms and kitchen in pretty vases and simple jars… they give so much joy. But at least I’d be able can catch a glimpse of them through my old photographs. They will serve as a memory during the long winter days… a memory of lovely summer days and a reminder that I will enjoy them again.














Hello to you! And welcome to another "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live. If you're new here, thanks for stopping by and if you've visited before, thanks for returning!


The House in the Roses

Rules: Link your post, not the main page of your blog. Please include a link to the party or the party's button in your post. Celebrate life and see how others celebrate theirs by visiting!