Finding the divine in every day

Tuesday, March 16, 2010
What do you do when you happened upon a pretty orphaned teacup or saucer at your favorite thrift store? Do you buy it or figure you won’t have any use for it because either the matching teacup or saucer is missing?

I found these three lovely orphaned saucers at a thrift store the other day and immediately felt in love with them… I couldn’t find their matching cups anywhere, but that didn’t stopped me from bringing them home. I knew exactly what to do…

I knew my everyday plain-Jane (but gorgeous to me) white cups didn’t mind a little flare…

My pretty saucers have served me well… these white cups, (it almost seem they're made out of lace doen't it!) I bought at another thrift store a while a go didn’t have matching saucers either...

But now they do! Lovely new saucers meant to be just for them!

Some of my favorite plates and china are also mismatched orphaned thrift store treasure too pretty to leave behind… finding the divine in every day is so divine, isn't it!

And oh have you noticed? I've made some cupcakes! Won't you stay for a while?

I'm getting so much better with my merengue (Spn) these days...

What would a simple white cup be without a lovely saucer? A cupcake without some yummy cream cheese frosting? (My favorite ever!) Whether it's a warm glaze drizzled over a bundt cake or a fluffy frosting topping festive cupcakes, that sweet swirl of sugar, milk, butter, and flavorings gives desserts a perfect sweet finish, doesn’t it!

I'm joining Sandi, Rhondi, and Lady Katherine for some tea! Come see!