Loneliness

Friday, March 12, 2010
Have you ever felt lonely? I felt lonely this morning. The Café was buzzing with people, yet I found myself plagued by the gnawing emptiness of loneliness. Loneliness is a universal emotion, and has surprisingly little to do with being alone. I cherish my moments of solitude, silence is deep as eternity, and it is in silence that God is known; however, you could bask in the blissful peace of solitude, and still feel lonely.

Loneliness is not a pleasant feeling, but we need to remind ourselves that a certain amount of loneliness is normal and natural. It's also necessary. If you're never alone, you might not find out who you really are because you don't get the chance to look at yourself apart from others.

So good day to you my lonesome friends out there! Today I invite you to maintain a state of positive expectations about people and situations, including a positive state of energy in your thoughts and emotions. There is a whole new world waiting for you as the day breaks. A beautiful world, even if you have to travel it alone. So cheer up, and enjoy your morning coffee!

Ps: If you are visiting the house in the roses for the first time, or any time, I invite you to come back this Sunday evening for a special feature of "Show Off Your Cottage Monday". You would not want to miss it! See you then.