It’s that time again….Spring Cleaning time!!!!
Even though I clean my house regularly, every year I go through the whole house like a crazy person and clean and organize EVERYTHING!!!
And then, somehow after year (or less) it looks like I never did anything at all, so I have to do it all over again.
I use a spring cleaning schedule to make sure I get everything done. I always try to do my cleaning and organizing as part of my Lenten Promise. Then I have a clean house before Easter and I can relax and enjoy my summer knowing that everything is all clean. Although, this year I have a feeling that I will be
really a little behind schedule because of our trip to Florida and just doing a total house furniture change (pics coming soon). But I will do my best and show you how I do it on the way.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Dust walls, corners and ceilings
- Wash all baseboards, door jams, window sills, doors and walls
- Wash ceiling fans and vents
- Wash all windows both inside and out
- Dust and wash blinds or curtains
- Clean television screens
- Wash kitchen cabinets both inside and out
- Deep clean your refrigerator and freezer
- Deep clean your dishwasher
- Deep clean your oven
- Deep clean your microwave (if you have one…I don’t use one)
- Wash behind your refrigerator, stove and all backsplashes
- Deep clean all bathrooms
- Organize master bath drawers and cabinets
- Wash/Buy a new shower curtain
- Touch up all walls with paint
- Touch up and hardwood with furniture marker and clay stick
- Touch up all furniture with furniture maker and paint
- Wash all mirrors
- Shampoo carpet
- Shampoo the couch
- Flip the mattresses
- Vacuum/Wash all lamp shades
- Dust/Wash everything including all frames and wall hangings
- Go through/Organize every drawer and closet in the house
- Go through/Organize every room
- Go through/Organize basement
- Go through/Organize garage
- Disinfect all door knobs and handles
- Make a garage sale/goodwill/trash piles
- Power wash outside of house
- Sweep and wash front porch
- Touch up patio furniture with black spray paint
- Make a landscape to so list
- Make a summer project to do list
- Get kids summer clothes organized
Getting started with this is the hardest part but after I am done I feel great. I am only going to do little at a time but I will get it done. (I really NEED to!!!)
Please join me in spring cleaning. How do you do spring cleaning? Do you have a checklist?
I will keep you updated on my progress!
Get started and good luck!!!